Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Blanket Patterns?

Anyone have favorite patterns?

I have used the Lion Brand Pound of Love hooded baby blanket pattern both knitted and crocheted. With the hood addition as an option. Both patterns look nice. They can certainly be adapted to be larger in finished size. The crocheted version is nice and puffy so it should be warm.

Looks like the log cabin patterns would be interesting to try as well and the combinations can be so pretty.

Blankets do get to an awkward size for me and then I can only work on them for the short time that I am home at night after my "chores". Not that I have made that many.

Suggestions on how to do the squares? I have heard it is easier if you have a cardboard square that you can reference for the size. I don't crochet that much so I have been having a problem with varying tension in the squares I have done so far, a bit of waving going on.
Alina

3 comments:

Kathy F said...

Alina,
You might try this one.

Kathy

Kathy F said...

Sorry, here's the link.



http://www.knitting-and.com/knitting/patterns/afghans/log-cabin-square.htm

LizzieK8 said...

I think the log cabin blankets are easy, brain dead knitting. Good for watching TV, movies, etc. Not to mention using up lots of small balls of yarn.